Amy’s Book Reviews – Green Enough
Disclaimer: I received a promotional advance copy of Green Enough from the book’s publisher for the purpose of review. As always, all opinions are 100% honest and mine alone.
– – –
Amy’s Book Reviews offers an insider view of what our family is reading these days. As a Certificated Reading Specialist, I love inspiring others to read!
Here I share my expertise and knowledge in the area of Reading, Language Arts and Writing. I’m giving you my (and my kids’!) honest, unvarnished opinions on the books we’re reading, on a 1-to-5 star scale (1 = lowest, 5 = highest).
We love trying new books. You’ll notice we read and review a wide range of titles and genres, including emergent/early level books, non-fiction, biographies, young adult fiction, adult fiction and historical fiction.
I truly hope you enjoy this series. Please be sure to offer us your suggestions in Comments below, or on social media.
~ Amy 🙂
Green Enough: Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier (All Without Driving Your Family Crazy!)
Author: Leah Segedie
Rodale Books – on sale March 20, 2018
*Pre-order until March 30, 2018 to receive special programs to reward friends and family for their loyalty. 🙂
Leah Segedie’s website
@Mamavation on Instagram
Reading Level: Adult, Non-fiction
Amy’s Rating: 5 stars
Little Mermaids’ Rating: 4.5 stars
Here’s my favorite thing about Leah Segedie: she’s intelligent, funny, and a straight-shooter. She’s downright irreverent at times.
Know why? She, like so many of us, is sick and tired of how food and product manufacturers in the U.S. continue to pull the wool over the public’s eyes in order to make a profit.
When is enough going to be enough for you to say “Stop!” and make a change?
Well, I’m ready to make a change. My kids are ready. My partner/husband? Well, we think he’s ready. If not, he’s coming along either way. Heh heh. 😉
We’re taking baby steps to be Green Enough
and live a cleaner, healthier life. Will you join us?
If you’re ready, read this entertaining, research-based guide to make smart, healthy choices to detoxify your home, diet, and lifestyle. It’s not about being “perfect”. It’s about being armed with unbiased, scientifically-based information so we make small changes we can tolerate – bit by bit – to live a cleaner, healthier life.
We now have answers to questions like …
- What exactly, is in the food we are eating?
- What is in the household products we buy and use every day?
- What non-toxic foods and products are readily available in the marketplace so we may avoid negative health consequences of continuing to use toxic products?
Some of our favorite features in Green Enough include:
- a no-nonsense, irreverent-yet-positive approach to explaining exactly what’s going on in the food and household product industry – knowledge is power!
- tips from experts in the natural products industry for little things we can do to make a large, positive impact on your family’s health
- tasty, kid-approved recipes for readers looking to detoxify their cooking routine
- names of brands which contain toxic chemicals and dangerous additives
- explanations of how to choose organic produce that’s pesticide-free (it’s harder than it seems)
- instructions for how to change to meat, dairy, and eggs that don’t contain GMOs, growth hormones, or dangerous pathogens
Green Enough is a refreshing, illuminating guide to help you take baby steps on the path toward a cleaner life. Leah Segedie, author of the popular blog, Mamavation and CEO of Shift Con eco-wellness conference does a masterful job interlacing humor and research-based information into this book you simply won’t be able to put down.
Reprinted from Green Enough by Leah Segedie. Copyright ©2018 by Leah Segedie. By permission of Rodale Books, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Available wherever books are sold.