“Ohmygosh…what is IN this dip?!”
“Dude. This is AH-may-zing!”
These are but a handful of the lovely comments I hear every time I serve this Artichoke Dip.
You know what’s extra special about this dip? It’s très simple.
Kids love it.
Adults love it.
Picky eaters devour it.
Heck, if I have vegan friends coming to a gathering, I modify the recipe so they can enjoy it, too! And ya know what? I get as many compliments when I make the vegan version as I do when I make the traditional/dairy version. In my recipe below, I include modifications to make a vegan Artichoke Dip. Shhh….don’t tell the dairy lovers out there. They may never trust me again! ;)
This dip is a huge hit at any event. Whether it’s a “kid party”, a sports gathering, a dinner party or a Girls Night In, you’ll be happy to have this one in your appetizer arsenal.
So here ya go. I’m spilling the beans, er, spinach, artichoke, hearts of palm. And for the first time ever, I am sharing my personal recipe for (drumroll, please)
Amy’s Ah-mazing Artichoke Dip.
Why do I call it “Artichoke Dip” when it has so many other killer ingredients that make it a mouth-watering-infinitely-dippable-can’t-get-enough culinary experience? Because if you’ve read anything else I’ve written, you know I adore abundant alliteration.
And seriously. I like to keep it simple, yo.
- 2 cups (500g) mayonnaise or Vegenaise
- 14oz (400g) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 14oz (400g) can hearts of palm, drained and finely chopped
- 10oz (275g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3.5oz (100g) parmesan or asiago cheese (or cheese substitute), grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celcius/5 Gas Mark).
- Open and drain the cans of artichoke hearts and hearts of palm. Rinse if desired and set aside.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic. Set aside.
- Grate cheese, divide evenly and set aside.
- Pour mayonnaise into a 2-quart (2-litre) casserole dish or similar-sized baking dish.
- Add chopped artichokes, chopped hearts of palm, spinach, minced garlic and half (1.75oz/50g) of the grated cheese. Stir ingredients together well.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the top of the dip.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celcius/5 Gas Mark) for 20-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.