Spinach Ravioli Lasagna with Pesto Panko Breadcrumbs
Lemme tell ya: This is a must-make recipe for 3 reasons:
1. It has easy ingredients you can find almost anywhere, and it has a 30-minutes-or-less prep time.
2. Kids and adults alike devour it.
3. It’s from one of the Home Cooking the CostCo Way cookbooks (2008 version?), which are always amazing. CostCo gives them away ’til they’re gone on Black Friday, and you can find them online at Amazon, but those cookbooks are solid gold. I swear.
In the weeks leading up to Little Mermaid #2’s arrival, I cooked three batches of this lasagna and froze them. This way they were easy to pop out of the freezer, heat in the oven and serve in those first couple of drowsy sleep-deprived weeks after her birth.
Sometimes I’m a freaking genius. Seriously.
So, of course I share the recipe below, so you’ll be able to print the post and use it as a recipe card.
I’m also sharing a link to the website where I found the recipe online because the blogger should get the credit s/he’s due! 🙂
Either way you prefer to view the recipe, sometimes it’s more convenient to click on a link on your phone or your laptop when you’re busy cooking in the kitchen!
Spinach Lasagna with Pesto Panko Breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 23oz Cibo Naturals Alfredo Sauce
- 38oz Monterey Past Co, Spinach & Cheese Ravioli, cooked according to package directions (I left mine frozen so the lasagna would be thicker)
- 1/4 cup Kirkland Signature Cibo Naturals Basil Pesto
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
Pesto Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Kirkland signature by Cibo Naturals Basil Pesto
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare the bread crumbs, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Smooth 1 1/2 cups of Alfredo sauce over the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer half of the ravioli in slightly overlapping rows. Smooth 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce over the ravioli. Dot with pesto.
- Layer the remaining ravioli in slightly overlapping rows. Smooth 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce over the ravioli.
- Place red pepper strips evenly across the top. Sprinkle with Pest Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake until the sauce is bubbling, about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and broil until the bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- Allow lasagna to “rest” before serving – about 15-20 minutes.
Serves 6-8 people, or a family of 4-5 twice. 😉
Song du Jour: Hello Old Friend by Eric Clapton