Here is my solemn oath: this will be the simplest, freshest, most delicious caprese salad you’ve ever made!
This recipe is so simple our Little Mermaid #1 prepared it at age 6. No joke! 🙂
fresh and delicious…doesn’t this make your mouth water?
Here are all the fresh ingredients you need for this simple caprese salad!
- 20 cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes or strawberry tomatoes, quartered
- 20 balls of mozzarella cheese
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling, to taste
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Wash tomatoes and slice them into quarters. Place them in the serving bowl.
- Crumble the mozzarella balls between your fingers over the serving bowl. Toss with the tomatoes.
- Lay the basil leaves on top of one another in a stack. Using kitchen shears, cut them into tiny strips (this is called a chiffonnade, meaning "shredded" for the culinary curious). Toss into the serving bowl and give a light stir to incorporate with the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the tomato, mozzarella, fresh basil mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss together to coat.
- Enjoy! and please add any tips you have for making a simple, delicious caprese salad in the Comments below.