As a Work-At-Home-Mom, I’m doing my best to model healthy eating habits and take regular breaks. This fortifies my body and nourishes my mind so I may be at my best – for my kids and my work – throughout the entire day.
Yoplait Plentí Yogurt helps our family do exactly that.
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” I’ve heard it my entire life. Except, I struggle with eating anything before 11 a.m. I might enjoy 1-2 cups of tea, and maybe a slice of toast? Maybe. Eating food in the morning leaves me feeling nauseous, over-stuffed, logy.
This isn’t a new thing. I’ve been this way since childhood. Short of Lucky Charms or Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, my belly just doesn’t want anything to do with food before mid-morning snack time. Sadly, LM1 seems to have adopted my poor habits.
We decided to conduct an experiment. We headed to our local Ralphs supermarket to peruse the Greek yogurt section to gather some new ideas and flavours. A Family Taste Test! Fun! I encourage you to give it a try with a new product your family might like. We always have a blast with this activity.
For our Yoplait Plentí Yogurt Family Taste Test, each of us selected a flavour.
Here’s what we chose…
Black Cherry (LM2)
The educator in me is always quizzing kids of course, trying to pull out adjectives and to build vocabulary. Poor dears. They never catch a break.
Here’s what we noticed straight away about Yoplait Plentí Yogurt:
- “The containers are pretty. They make me wanna gobble it up!” – Little Mermaid 2 (“LM2”), age 5
- “I dunno. Looks the same when we take off the lid. (pause to stir…) Oooh. But wait. This yog (our nickname for yogurt – we are life-long yogurt lovers up in here) has goodies in it. What’s in it, Momma?” – Little Mermaid 1 (“LM1”), age 10
- (humming, murmuring, making happy-in-general sounds) – Amy, age never disclosed
- “Momma…Mom-mmmy. What’s in this yog. I adore it!” – LM1
- “Oh, Honey. Sorry (clearly distracted by the yum factor). What’s in it? Let’s see. I see ‘whole grain oats, flax and pumpkin seeds’ on the label here. And I really dig ‘em. Don’t you?” – Amy
- “Yes!!” – LM1, LM2
- “Yeah! Nommy Nommy Plentí, Mommy!” – LM3 (age 2), who never looked up or said a word, since she was completely engrossed in the Plentí. She attempted to gank her sisters’ containers the moment she finished her own, so I guess we’re making another grocery run this afternoon…
::Commence Happy Food Dances, Songs of Food Praise, etc. etc.::
I think it’s safe to say we are huge Yoplait Plentí fans.
You know what I love best about Plentí Greek Yogurt? I feel satisfied after eating it, and so do my kids. Do you know all four of us lasted an entire 3 hours before wanting a snack? That’s a record around here. The magic combination of Greek yogurt and the healthy mix-ins create a fulfilling, healthy, last-you-through-to-the-next-meal feeling of satiety I crave.
You just don’t find snacks or mini-meals like this often. Plentí is made with more plentiful ingredients. It’s packed full of goodness. It’s more substantial, more satisfying, more fun. It’s not over-stuffed with empty calories or bad-for-you fillers.
So, yep. I’ve found a new Breakfast food I love to eat. YaY! I can model healthy eating habits for our daughters while feeling satisfied rather than lethargic or over-stuffed. And the Little Mermaids have a new Breakfast-AM Snack-Lunch-PM Snack.
It’s Love at First Sight, Plentí. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 🙂
What time of day do you most enjoy a Gotta-Have-It meal or snack?
Grab some Plentí yogurt at your local Ralphs, Kroger or Fred Meyer today. You’ll love it! In fact, I have a little incentive for you. So you may experience Plentí just as I do (with a little bevvie from Starbucks), I’m going to give one of you a $15 Starbucks Gift Card! Enter below.
You’re welcome. 😉
$15 Starbucks Gift Card