Wow. Pregnancy and Postpartum time are not for wimps. Not by a long shot.
Oh, wait a sec. I’ll bet you’re expecting me to enumerate ways to maintain your sanity during pregnancy here. Ha! That’s where you come in!
Please share what’s been working for you and your family, ‘cause this girl’s clueless!
Allow me to begin with the random questions plaguing my pregnant mind on a daily basis…
- Will our new baby allow us to sleep more than 3 hours per day?
- Will I be a good mother in such a sleep-deprived state? Not only to our newborn, but also to our 8-year-old and 3-year-old?
- Will my Honey help? Or in his sleep-deprived, overwrought state, will he be a moody, ornery mess I’d rather have gone at work than here to “help out”?
- How does my MIL think it’s in any way constructive or positive to share with my pregnant self, “Wow! It looks like you swallowed a boulder! You’re definitely bigger with this baby than with the other two, aren’t you?!”
- Is it time to enroll our 3-year-old daughter in day care or a preschool program when our new baby arrives?
- What will be the optimal care schedule for all three children that will be the best fit for our family budget and still provide the positive social outcomes our older children need?
- Why do I feel compelled to “lock up” our newborn in the bathroom with me so our 3-year-old won’t accidentally maul him/her to death while I’m taking my bi-weekly 3-minute shower?
- Is there any way I’ll ever regain the social life and athletic physique I enjoyed pre-pregnancy? Am I vain or insane for having these thoughts?
Since this is our family’s third pregnancy and child, I do have some tried-and-true, wonderful Resources I’ve discovered over our nine years of child-bearing bliss.
Swing on by our Beloved Atmosphere.com Resource Page. It has links to several book titles and websites on a wide range of topics. You’ll find everything from Pregnancy, Diapering and Feeding to Baby Sleep Solutions and websites for buying Baby Gear.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t give you links to my two most favorite, humorous takes on Pregnancy and Motherhood. Vicki Iovine is a Comedic, Sassy Genius (and Sane Mother of 4), and these books remind me to not take all of this too seriously.
The Girlfriends’ Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine
The Girlfriends’ Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood by Vicki Iovine
photo credit: john woolley, aquario studios
UCSD Hospital – Enjoy the greatest variety of choices for maternity care available in San Diego!
Easy-to-read resources to help you choose the best Baby Gear for your family:
Nurtured Family – What should I include in my Baby Registry?
Go Green Baby – cloth diapers for baby and me
Go-to Advice from Mom-of-3, Meg Collins – Meg’s website Lucie’s List is packed with honest, straight-forward advice laced with LOL humor. Love it!
I can’t wait to hear about and read up on your favorite websites and Resources in your Comments below!
Songs du Jour: These fun videos remind us why we go through all we do to have children! 🙂
Best Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Medley ever! Fair Warning: Our daughters hushed me repeatedly while I watched this one – I was laughing til I cried. It’s amazing!
Disclosure/Disclaimer: I received no compensation or remuneration from anyone or from any brands for the products or services mentioned in this post. All opinions shared are mine alone.